Easy-tear check envelope, my arse!


I collect payments and do accounts receivable once a month. I get a lot of payments to process.

Because it's that time of the month again and I go through this every single month (for years), I must ask who the brainiac that invented the perforated sides "easy-tear"  checks is, because I would like to have them sit down with me while I am doing the opening of payment envelopes and give them every one of the ones that are like this and make THEM open them. While they rake in all the money for their brilliant invention, those who have to deal with them suffer.


They're crazy hard to open and they take so much more time. When you're processing payments and you have a bunch of checks but you don't have an assistant to do anything for you, this sucks up time. - Add to that, if you are OCD, many times the edges are uneven and won't plug off the excess properly. I like a nice smooth line because I use a check scanner from my bank, and yes, I'm OCD, thankyouverymuch.

I understand this is supposed to be some sort of a security feature because they're harder to tamper with. That's the ONLY thing they're good for. 

There needs to be a better way. I say if we do like other countries and have the punishment fit the crime, like cut the hands off of people who mess with stuff and break the law on this way it would stop or at least diminish down to a trickle. But nooooooo, we live in the USA where criminals are very protected and babied.  ***That's my opinion and I'm not up for debate about it***  thanks.

I end up mutilating the envelopes half the time. "Easy-tear", my arse.

To whoever invented these and whoever implements them as a payment check for their company, be aware that every time a receivables clerk gets one, they curse you. 

I think there oughtta be a ban against these things because they're severely detrimental to your mental health , they're time-consuming and they're a waste - especially if you tear a check in the process of trying to get it open! Then you have to backtrack and get it replaced and it is a fiasco. This is my rant because I obviously, absolutely detest these things! 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy-ass fees

Thinking out loud - a rant