Greedy-ass fees

Recently, I read a post on social media that one of our local dentists is now charging a $90.00  "disinfection fee" to patients. 

My comment:

" Maybe I am seeing this all wrong, but I think that is sheer greed and smacks of resentment that the business was patronized at all! 

To me, it's like charging a shoveling fee to a business that experienced a heavy snow and salt had to be used for the ice problem. Or a sweeping fee because the front of a business had to be swept after leaves fell, and solvent had to be used to remove some stains or gum, or maybe it needed to be pressure washed. Or like charging a dishwashing/table bussing fee to a customer at a restaurant because added disinfecting product needed to be used. 

I know that ALL businesses visited by the public are having to ramp up disinfecting. I know it is more work and more of an expense. BUT it needs to be automatically done - this pandemic is not our fault! 

$90 per patient for 10 patients = $900.00. I wonder what the actual expense for the business to do this added disinfecting is.

I bet Dr's are going to be charging us more, too - as if fees aren't already costly enough! Maybe they should start doing house calls instead of the inconvenience and expense of maintaining rooms, lol. I wonder if salons will add fees too. I imagine prices for everything will be going up/already are, to cover the inconvenience and expense - but DENTISTS, Dr's and salons are supposed to use sterile implements and clean anyway between appointments. This pandemic ramps that up a lot, but charging us for something that should be getting done automatically, especially when we never caused the problem, is unfair. Disinfecting is a courtesy to the consumer as well as the law now as far as I know.
Greed = a separate charge to do that.

I wonder if hotels will start adding a disinfecting fee, and so many other businesses! I know it costs them more, but I think I would just be grateful for the business! "

I HATE GREED! This is all the more reason for me to just stay home! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


Comments

  1. You're so cute when you're mad.

    Based on the title, that means you're cute all the time.

    But you're even cuter when you're angry.

    ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm angry I'm scary af. You haven't seen angry. I hope you never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was just teasing. Even IMAGINING you angry is scary!

      Delete
  3. Let's face it, there's quite a difference between mad and angry. Mad can be quite fun and quite entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. INDEED!! Let us REVEL in the distinction!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking out loud - a rant